Publisher: Battle Ground Creative
Size: 75.61 MB
Format: PDF, Docs
Download Read Online
Commonly referred to by readers as an "exercise Bible," Overcoming Gravity is a comprehensive guide that provides a gold mine of information for gymnastics and bodyweight strength training within its nearly 600 pages.
Steven Low takes the reader on a journey through logically constructing a strength-oriented bodyweight workout routine. With a highly systematic approach, he delves into the physiology behind strength training equips the reader to adequately prepare their body for the rigors of bodyweight training. This book covers much ground that other books do not, offering information health and injury management, factors that contribute to a successful routine, and actual program implementation. If you prefer your health and fitness books to include scientific data, comprehensive sample programming, and effective recommendations, Overcoming Gravity is the ideal choice for your library.
This Second Edition has been revised, expanded, and re-organized to read easier, provide more content, and offer easily accessible next-steps for beginner, intermediate, and advanced populations.
Notable improvements from the first edition include the following:
- Editing team to correct all previous editing errors.
- Increased clarity on scientific principles and routine construction.
- Updated scientific information to ensure the book aligns with current research.
- Extensive information on body part splits and population modifications, allowing one to construct a routine that fits their lifestyle and skill level.
- More in-depth explanation of each element of a routine.
- An entirely new chapter entitled Methods of Progression to ensure plateaus are never an issue.
- Expanded sample programming that includes common faults made at different skill levels.
- More real-life examples of how a routine may look.
- Addition of proper scapular positioning and technique for each exercise.
- Upgraded images that illustrate exercises from 2D to 3D.
- Modified charts with more accurate level placement and new leg exercise inclusions.
For additional book information for the Table of Contents, Introduction, Chapter 1, and Charts, see: http://stevenlow.org/book/
Note: This book does not contain primary gymnastics skill work like cartwheels, tumbling, swings, giants, etc.
v2.1 4/17/17: ~25 editing and illustration errors are fixed.
v2.2 5/2/17: Page 38 missing fixed. Page available: http://stevenlow.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Page38.pdf